Happy December! Everyone says it, but I’ll chime in because it’s true– I have no idea how it’s already the end of the year. 2017 feels like it didn’t even happen.
This week, I’m having a little fun and sharing 12 facts about me! It’s been a while since I did any personal introductions, and since we’re in December now, I figured I’d share 12 things!
12 FACTS ABOUT BRENDA, THE LADY BEHIND EVERY SHADE OF NEUTRAL:
- Well, since it’s the holiday season, I might as well start with this one– I absolutely hate the Gingerbread Man. It all started with a traumatic scavenger hunt in Kindergarten. He’s creepy and I hate him.
- While we’re on the topic of residual childhood issues, I’ll get my best friend’s other favorite quirk of mine out of the way– I really dislike Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. Yes, the children’s book. It’s always caused dread and anxiety inside of me. Will there be enough room? Who can say?
- I recently shared a glass of buttermilk with former US President Jimmy Carter. Buttermilk is disgusting.
- I don’t have any wisdom teeth. No, not like I got them extracted. As in, I never had them to begin with. I never even had the roots.
- I have a tattoo on my left foot of the number “8410.” It was the ID number of the guide dog puppy I raised.
- My first job was at a dance studio. I sat at the front desk on Monday afternoons after school and did my homework (sometimes). It was the best.
- I love the NFL and I don’t care for college football, which is an anomaly living in the South. Call me crazy, but I’d rather watch professionals than college students. Don’t yell at me.
- I don’t eat seafood. It’s gross and that’s all you need to know. Again, don’t yell at me.
- If there is a number involved, it is math and I am over it. Get away from me with your calculations; I want nothing to do with it.
- I played clarinet for seven years. Marching band was my everything in high school, and yes I am aware of how lame that sounds. It was because I was lame. I am okay with that.
- I faint a lot. I gave myself a concussion this summer after fainting and hitting my head on our hardwood floor (my parents found me face-down in the kitchen). I wish I had more of an explanation as to why this happens but I have yet to be given any conclusive answers.
- I am a major control freak. As a four-year-old, I somehow pulled my infant brother from his crib and dangled him under his armpits at the top of the stairs and announced to my panicked mother paralyzed in fear at the bottom of the stairs that “everything is under control.” Not really sure what my next move was, but regardless, I had it all figured out. Symbolically speaking, I can’t say much has changed.
So there you have it! I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better. I’d love to hear some of your quirky fun facts too, so feel free to share them with me!